Helping Clients Since 2004
At the law firm of Lee Wombacher, LLC, our record of successful representation of clients is a point of pride. We’ve dedicated ourselves to demonstrating our commitment to clients and maintain our reputation of excellence. Our goal is to serve our clients by providing exceptional legal representation that is cost-effective, prompt, professional, and efficient.Learn More
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your efforts in bringing this very unusual case to a conclusion. Your calm confidence and resolute refusal to be bullied by Plaintiff’s counsel was evident and it helped me through a difficult period. Thank you again and I shall consider you a friend always.
Rebecca successfully guided me though an emotional and often times contentious divorce. She provided excellent advice and balance when issues surfaced in negotiations. She was available for me at all hours of the day and night and responded promptly to meet requirements. She is an exceptionally capable and professional attorney who has the ability to “sift through the noise” and provide good advice and recommendations during a painful process. I recommend her highly.
When I was accused of a crime that I did not commit, Jamie Wombacher fought hard to have the charges dismissed. I am grateful for her dedication to my case and her belief in me.
Unfairly charged with a felony, I was frightened and confused. Jamie Wombacher and Rebecca Lee fought tirelessly on my behalf and I was found not guilty of the felony. I couldn’t be more appreciative.
I was overwhelmed after being let go from my job and then my employer contested my unemployment claim. Rebecca Lee assisted me with the confusing IDES appeal process and advocated for me in the hearing, helping to secure my unemployment benefits.
Rebecca and this firm gets things done professionally and you will see great results!
Prepping a Physical Injury Case: Law Offices of Lee and Wombacher in Woodstock, Illinois
Personal injury scenarios are always frustrating, putting a lot of strain on the body and mind. Preparing for a personal injury lawsuit can feel like a major challenge. To get the best results, you’ll need to work with lawyers you can trust. It also helps to make sure that you don’t run into a case situation that is out of your control.
Thankfully, professional services such as those provided by the Law Offices of Lee and Wombacher can supply all the help you need for a physical injury case. By reaching out to experts who you know have your back, you can ensure that all your needs are met. Knowledge and skill are what it takes to obtain the compensation necessary for your recovery.
Find a Lawyer Right Away
The first thing you need to do in a personal injury case is to contact a dependable lawyer. This process will require you to fully understand what to expect from your case, and how teams like ours can help you succeed. Here are just a few things you need to consider when choosing your representation:
- The Nature of Your Injury – Make sure that you have a case by gauging the severity of your injury and whether or not it is something that you can sue another person for causing.
- The Specialty of the Law Firm – Although some law firms possess a general focus that is fairly diverse and easy to understand, others have a specialty that you can take advantage of in your case.
- The State Laws – Talk to your lawyers about the different laws dictating personal injury lawsuits to ensure that you know exactly what to expect in this type of case.
- The Legal Team’s Experience – Try to find a legal team that has experience with your type of case to ensure that you get the best results from your lawsuit situation.
- The Money and Time You Wish to Invest – Make sure you’re ready to handle the unique strain that a lawsuit of this type can put on your resources.
After considering this and choosing a legal team that fits your needs, it’s time to start gathering evidence. These items are critical to prove your case and help to ensure that you have a higher chance of winning. In the next section, we’ll examine a few different types of evidence that you can use to ensure that you have a higher chance of winning this type of case.
Gather Your Evidence
Now that you have a legal team that you can trust, you can start gathering evidence. Unlike criminal lawsuits, personal injury cases require a preponderance of evidence proving your case, not evidence “beyond a reasonable doubt”. Types you can use include:
- Eyewitness Testimony – Talk to people who may have witnessed your injury and get them to come to the court or write down their testimony to present to the court during your lawsuit.
- Videos – If you are lucky enough to have videos of your injury, you can collect these from whoever took them and use them in a court setting to ensure that you get the legal help that you deserve.
- Photos – Try to take photos of your injury after it happens and pictures throughout your recovery period to create an accurate understanding of how your injury has affected you as a person.
- Police Testimony – When police are called into your injury situation, you can use their reports or call them into court to testify on your behalf to prove that you were wrongly injured.
When working with teams like the Law Offices of Lee and Wombacher, it is critical to spend time identifying as many unique sources of evidence as possible. Try to line up your testimony, videos, and photos to tell a focused, coherent story that makes all the sense in the world. Doing so will improve your chances of winning, and make this experience much easier for everyone involved.
Stay Safe During Your Case
Too many people sabotage their own case by getting caught acting like they aren’t injured. This problem can occur even when you’re on your property, particularly if the defendant has hired a private eye to catch you. To avoid this problem, you should:
- Work With Your Doctor – Spend time getting treatment with your doctor to prove that you have attempted to recover as much as possible from your injury.
- Don’t Do Anything Stupid – Avoid appearing as if you have recovered from your injuries, as photos and videos of you in these circumstances may harm your case.
- Avoid Social Media – Social media is the devil when it comes to personal injury cases, as photos and messages can be taken out of context and used against you.
- Consider Settlements – If you have any doubt that your case is going to be successful and a settlement is offered, seriously discuss it with your lawyers.
Over the years, we’ve seen cases dismissed because of clients acting unwisely. Even those who have recovered fairly well from their injury shouldn’t parade around and act as nothing has happened! Instead, it is best to keep a low profile and avoid doing things that could sabotage your case.
The Value of Professional Help
As you can see, preparing for a personal injury case requires a little bit of work and a lot of respect and trust. When working with teams like the Law Offices of Lee and Wombacher, you’ll need to make sure that everyone is on the same page and willing to do what it takes to resolve the case successfully.
If you are going through this type of trial and need the help of trusted professionals, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We serve McHenry County, Illinois, and stand ready to provide the legal protection you deserve after a serious personal injury impacts your life in unexpected ways.